To protect Johns Hopkins institutional resources by:
- Identifying and evaluating risks within business processes
- Assessing and testing internal controls for effectiveness
- Investigating suspected misuse of resources
- Validating management corrective actions
- Communicating results to trustees, senior leaders, and other impacted stakeholders, and
- Developing an engaged and talented staff through the use of a systematic approach, innovative techniques and comprehensive tools.
For the benefit of Johns Hopkins Institutions, OHIA will:
- Be a catalyst in improving the internal control environment through raising awareness and providing assurance
- Develop creative audit approaches in response to change
- Be viewed as a leader in Higher Education and Healthcare internal auditing
Integrity – Ethical standards are the foundation of integrity
- We are truthful, trustworthy and fair in all of our efforts.
- We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards of professionalism, confidentially, and ethical conduct.
Excellence – The foundation to achieving excellence is maintaining our objectivity
- Competence – We utilize our collective experience and talents to provide high quality internal audit services, aimed at increasing accountability across the organization. We seek to use best practices found within and outside of the organization in performing audits and investigations.
- Continuous Improvement – We continually seek out better and more effective ways to do our work.
- Personal Development – We emphasize personal development to help us achieve excellence.
Respect – The foundation of building and maintaining relationships lies in the respect we show to one another
- Work/Life Balance – We respect balance in each other’s lives.
- Recognition – We honor and acknowledge each individual’s contribution to our efforts.
- Diversity and Inclusion – We appreciate each other’s differences and value the unique strengths that each person contributes.
Johns Hopkins University Statement of Principles on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Collaboration – Collaboration is evidenced by communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution through bringing together knowledge, experience, ideas and skills to achieve a common goal
- We foster teamwork while maintaining individual accountability.
- We value client input in scope of audit projects as well as in written reports.
- We value sustainable relationships with our clients.